Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Purple Rain Over the Grand Canyon by 12thSonOfLama


Three years ago my wife and I spent a week hiking and photographing in the Grand Canyon. During that time we were treated to some pretty nasty weather – flash storms and abnormal amounts of rain for the middle of the dessert. However, that meant that we were also treated to some pretty sweet skies at sunset – this night in particular a storm was approaching over the Grand Canyon just as the sun was setting. It was really windy, and cold so standing in one spot (since there were so many people at this viewpoint I wasn't able to move around like I like) was brutal because I was freezing. However, the wind, rain and setting sun brought out an amazing purple streak as the rain swept across the canyon. I only wish I had an ND filter at this time to take a longer exposure and capture the actual movement of the clouds and the rain. However, as windy as it was I'm not sure how steady my camera would have been. http://flic.kr/p/vdzphU

No comments:

Post a Comment