Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

R.I P.


R.I P., originally uploaded by anthonynixon17.

'R.I.P. My friend.
Tuesday, my very good friend, died on Friday, aged 81.
He lived in a very quiet wood, on the out skirts of Coventry, for 32 years.
He was a very educated person, working and living in London, very high up in the civil service.
At the age of 49, the pressure of the job became too much, he walked out of London, he kept walking, until, he found himself in Coventry. He took up residence in a beautiful quiet wood. He was self sufficient, cleaning oven pans and dishes, at Chinese and Indian takeaways. They gave him food in return.
I came across him, whilst walking my dogs, I visited him every few months after that.
One day, I found him on his hands and knees, away from his camp, I asked him if he had any food, he produced a piece of black carrot, he said he was saving it for emergencies.
I went straight to the nearest shops, to buy him supplies. I carried on providing supplies for him for the next eight and a half years, every week I carried all his food and water, a mile to his camp, cut his wood for his fire and talked for hours. He was so interesting.
When we knew we were moving to Devon, I set up trying to find suitable people to help. I found six willing helpers to carry on my work. Which they did admirably.
I gave him a wind up charger and mobile phone, with plenty of credit on it. He phoned me every month since we moved.
I will miss you Tuesday my friend !'

No comments:

Post a Comment