Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

"Sell your cleverness & buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment intuition." - Mevlana Rumi <3

Love is the ark appointed for the righteous,

Which annuls the danger and provides a way of escape.

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.

Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment intuition.



Reason is like an officer when the King appears;

The officer then loses his power and hides himself.

Reason is the shadow cast by God; God is the sun.



This is what is signified by the words Anā l-Ḥaqq, "I am God." People imagine that it is a presumptuous claim, whereas it is really a presumptuous claim to say Ana 'l-'abd, "I am the slave of God"; and Anā l-Ḥaqq, "I am God" is an expression of great humility. The man who says Ana 'l-'abd, "I am the servant of God" affirms two existences, his own and God's, but he that says Anā l-Ḥaqq, "I am God" has made himself non-existent and has given himself up and says "I am God", that is, "I am naught, He is all; there is no being but God's." This is the extreme of humility and self-abasement.



Everyone sees the unseen in proportion to the clarity of his heart, and that depends upon how much he has polished it.

Whoever has polished it more sees more — more unseen forms become manifest to him.



I died as a mineral and became a plant,

I died as plant and rose to animal,

I died as animal and I was Man.

Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?

Yet once more I shall die as Man, to soar

With angels blest; but even from angelhood

I must pass on: all except God doth perish.

When I have sacrificed my angel-soul,

I shall become what no mind e'er conceived.

Oh, let me not exist! for Non-existence

Proclaims in organ tones, To Him we shall return.



Come, come, whoever you are.

Wanderer, worshipper, lover of leaving — it doesn't matter,

Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Come, even if you have broken your vow a hundred times,

Come, come again, come.



Little by little, wean yourself. This is the gist of what I have to say. From an embryo, whose nourishment comes in the blood, move to an infant drinking milk, to a child on solid food, to a searcher after wisdom, to a hunter of more invisible game.

Think how it is to have a conversation with an embryo. You might say, "The world outside is vast and intricate. There are wheatfields and mountain passes, and orchards in bloom. At night there are millions of galaxies, and in sunlight the beauty of friends dancing at a wedding."

You ask the embryo why he, or she, stays cooped up in the dark with eyes closed. Listen to the answer.

There is no "other world." I only know what I've experienced. You must be hallucinating.



Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.



I am so happy, I cannot be contained in the world;

But like a spirit, I am hidden from the eyes of the world.

If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me;

For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.



The men of God are like fishes in the ocean; they pop up into view on the surface here and there and everywhere, as they please.



He whose intellect overcomes his desire is higher than the angels; he whose desire overcomes his intellect is less than an animal.



The fault is in the one who blames. Spirit sees nothing to criticize.



Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.



He says, "There’s nothing left of me.

I’m like a ruby held up to the sunrise.

Is it still a stone, or a world

made of redness? It has no resistance

to sunlight."

This is how Hallaj said, I am God,

and told the truth!

The ruby and the sunrise are one.

Be courageous and discipline yourself.

Completely become hearing and ear, and wear this sun-ruby as an earring.



I want a heart which is split, part by part, because of the pain of separation from God, so that I might explain my longing and complaint to it.



You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?



http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rumi



As everything

changes overnight,

I praise

the breaking of promises.

Whatever Love

wants, it gets,

not next year, now!

I swear by the one

who never says

tomorrow,

as the circle

of the moon

refuses to sell

installments

of light.

It gives

all it has.



From Heaven, the Starry Spheres, the void, you will receive, continually, hundreds of impressions. Why do I say impressions? I mean; the direct Vision of God.



Polish your Heart

and you'll soar

above all color

and perfume;

you will contemplate

Beauty ceaselessly;

you will abandon

the form

and rind of

consciousness,

and unfurl

the flag

of Certainty.

When the forms

of the

Eight Paradises

flame out,

you will know

your Heart's tablets

are receptive.



You are looking for God. That is the problem. The God in you is the one who looks.



The nightingale bestows a definite desire.

There is an ocean and there is a bridge.

There are two or three numbered days.

I am none of those.

I am more the way you are,

flowers opening,

and the soul in silence,

but something in YOU will not let ME keep quiet.



Come,

like a real dervish,

and dance among us,

Don't joke,

don't boast

I am already present.

In the center

of your house

I am like a pillar,

On your rooftop

I bow my head

like a gutter.

I turn

like a cup

in the heart

of your assembly;

In the thick

of your battles,

I strike

like an arrow.

When I give

my life

for yours,

what Grace

descends!

Each life

I give

gives you

a thousand

new

worlds!



Like a dream

that flows

from heart

to heart,

I, too,

flow continually

through all hearts.

Everything you think,

I know;

Your heart

is so close

to mine.

I have other symbols,

even more I intimate,

Come closer

still,

dare

to invoke

them.



Come, come, whoever you are.

Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.

It doesn't matter.

Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Come, yet again, come, come.

- Inscribed on Rumi's Shrine in Konya, Turkey



A spirit that lives in this world

and does not wear the shirt of love,

such an existence is a deep disgrace.

Be foolishly in love, because love is

all there is.

There is no way into presence

except through a love exchange.

If someone asks, But what is love?

answer, Dissolving the will.

True freedom comes to those

who have escaped the questions

of freewill and fate.



The moon has become a dancer

at this festival of love.

This dance of light,

This sacred blessing,

This divine love,

beckons us

to a world beyond

only lovers can see

with their eyes of fiery passion.

They are the chosen ones

who have surrendered.

Once they were particles of light

now they are the radiant sun.

They have left behind

the world of deceitful games.

They are the privileged lovers

who create a new world

with their eyes of burning passion.



In this house,

there are

thousands of corpses

You sit and say:

"Here is my kingdom."

A handful of dust moans

"I was hair."

Another handful whispers:

"I was bones."

Another cries:

"I was old."

Yet another:

"I was young."

Another shouts:

"Stop where you are!

Stop!

Don't you know

who I am!

You sit

destroyed,

astounded,

and then suddenly

Love appears.

"Come closer still,"

Love says,

"it is I,

Eternal Life."



We are a warm spell that comes in a relentless winter.

We are the sun, with all the different kinds of light.

We are the wind.

Doves, when they call coo, where they are looking for us.

Nightingales and parrots change their perches, hoping to be near us.

Fish, they swerved and leapt!

Waves from that stirring keep coming in.

The soul has been given its own ears,

to hear things the mind does not understand.

we have come out of slavery with bales of sugar cane,

no need to mention Egypt.

The sweetness of how we talk together

is what we crush and bring to the world.



Your soul

is so close

to mine

I know

what you

dream.

Friends

scan each other's

depths;

Would I

be a Friend,

if I didn't?

A Friend

is a mirror

of clear water;

I see my gains

in you,

and

my losses.



Suddenly the drunken sweetheart appeared out of my door.

She drank a cup of ruby wine and sat by my side.

Seeing and holding the lockets of her hair

My face became all eyes, and my eyes all hands.



When an image brushes against You, it returns the Sun’s Rays like a Mirror.



‎Do not grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.



My words

become drunk

through one

of Your qualities,

Stagger

a thousand



times

between tongue

and heart,

heart and

tongue.

My words

are drunk,

my heart

is drunk,

and Your images

are drunk –

They all

pile up

on top of

each other,

and just

gaze.



When

Your image

dances

into

My Heart

How many

drunken images

seethe

along

with it!

They whirl

around

Your image,

Your moon-like

splendor whirling

at the center.

When

an image

brushes against

You,

it returns

the Sun’s Rays

like a Mirror.



Shatter open

my skull,

pour in it

the wine

of madness!

Let me be mad,

as mad as You,

mad with You,

with us.

Beyond

the sanity

of fools

is a burning desert

Where Your Sun

is whirling

in every atom;

drag me there,

Beloved,

drag me there,

let me roast

in Perfection!



Your face is the light in here

That makes my arms full of gentleness.

The beginning of a monthlong holiday,

the disc of the full moon, the shade of your hair,

these draw me in.

I dive deep into the pool of a mountain river,

folded into union,

as the split second

when the bat meets the ball

and there is one cry between us.



O,

sudden

Resurrection!

O,

boundless,

endless,

compassion!

You,

who set the Bush

of the Mind

on Fire

Have come

at last,

key to this

vast prison,

You Blaze

among

the poverty-stricken

like Gold,

Chamberlain

of the

Sun,

Heart

of All

Hope.



Lovers, it is time

for the taste of fire.

Let sadness and your fears of death

sit in the corner and sulk.

The sky itself reels with love.

There is one being inside

all of us, one peace.

Poet, let every word tremble its wind bell.



Nothingness,

through You,

births these songs

of pure passion,

Time's darkness

is adorned

with their luminous

tears.

Cupbearer!

Never forget us!

Fill the worlds

with your breath!

Archangel of the Heart,

make clay and water live!

Breathe into our ears

the Divine Breath of Love!

Blow on us,

separate us,

Send grief

to grief,

and joy

to joy

So mind sinks back

to mind,

and the Heart

Soars to Heaven!



Drink all your passion,

and be a disgrace.

Close both eyes

to see with the other eye.

Open your hands,

if you want to be held.

Sit down in this circle.



Show

Your Beauty,

Moon of God,

So friends

and enemies

can witness it

With

whitened faces

and eyes dark

with tears.

Grief

and longing

make all men

groan:

"Save us

from the agony

this tyrant inflicts

Beautiful

and terrible

as a dragon!"

You have

made grief's lute

sing out.



Come! Take a pick-axe

And break apart

Your stony self.

The heart’s matrix

is glutted with rubies.

Springs of laughter

are buried in your breast.

Unstop the wine jar

Batter down the door

to the treasury

of nonexistence.

The water in your jug

is brackish and low.

Smash the jug

and come to the river!



You are the comfort of my soul in the season of sorrow, You are the wealth of my spirit in the heartbreak of loss, The unimaginable the unknowable, that is what you give my soul when it moves in your direction ... Inside me a hundred beings are putting their fingers to their lips and saying, "That's enough for now. Shhhhh." Silence is an ocean. Speech is a river.



From

the King's hand

comes to me

directly

The cup

...and jar

of Eternal

Wine

The source

of the sun

itself

begs me

for a mouthful.

I am silent,

my throat

is sick,

you go on

talking

if you have

to.



I wave

my hands

like leaves,

I whirl

dancing

...like the moon;

My turning

may seem

earthly,

but it is purer,

far purer,

Than the turning

of all the spheres

of Heaven.



The minute I heard my first love story,

I started looking for you, not knowing

how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,

they're in each other all along.



Without destroying me,

how could He pour me

this treasure?

He had to throw me

to the waves

or Love's Sea

to sweep me

away.

What can the man

of words guess

of the sweetness

of silence?

What can

the arid heart

know of always-flowing

freshness?

I am the mirror,

I am the mirror,

I am not a man

of words –

You'll know

my spiritual state

when your ears

become gaze.



Dissolver of sugar,

dissolve me if this is the time.

Do it gently with the touch of a hand,

or a look.

Every morning I wait at dawn.

That is when it has happened before.

Or do it suddenly like an execution.

How else can I be ready for this death.



http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44206766546

Amplify’d from en.wikiquote.org


This poetry. I never know what I'm going to say.

I don't plan it.

When I'm outside the saying of it, I get very quiet and rarely speak at all.


Love is the ark appointed for the righteous,

Which annuls the danger and provides a way of escape.


Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.


I died as a mineral and became a plant, I died as plant and rose to animal, I died as animal and I was Man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?


Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.


Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times, Come, and come yet again. Ours is not a caravan of despair.


Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.


Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.


This is how Hallaj said, I am God,

and told the truth!

The ruby and the sunrise are one.




I want a heart which is split, part by part, because of the pain of separation from God, so that I might explain my longing and complaint to it.


God turns you from one feeling to another and teaches by means of opposites, so that you will have two wings to fly, not one.


The lion who breaks the enemy's ranks is a minor hero compared to the lion who overcomes himself.


Whoever gives reverence receives reverence.


If you wish to shine like day, burn up the night of self-existence. Dissolve in the Being who is everything.


What is the body? That shadow of a shadow of your love, that somehow contains the entire universe.


There is a community of the spirit Join it, and feel the delight of walking in the noisy street, and being the noise.


There is no reality but God, says the completely surrendered sheik, who is an ocean for all beings.


I can't stop pointing to the beauty. Every moment and place says, "Put this design in your carpet!"


Gamble everything for love, if you are a true human being.


Every object and being in the universe is a jar overflowing with wisdom and beauty, a drop of the Tigris that cannot be contained by any skin.


Christ is the population of the world, and every object as well.


The miracle of Jesus is himself, not what he said or did about the future.


Good and bad are mixed. If you don't have both,you don't belong with us.


Learn from Ali how to fight without your ego participating.


God's lion did nothing that didn't originate from his deep center.


This that we are now ... The human body and the universe grew from this, not this from the universe and the human body.


Do not grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.


Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. Feel the artistry moving through, and be silent.


Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.


Are you fleeing from Love because of a single humiliation?

What do you know of Love except the name?

Love has a hundred forms of pride and disdain,

and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.


Come, seek, for search is the foundation of fortune: every success depends upon focusing the heart.


That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, He said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.


To Love is to reach God.


Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.


My head is bursting with the joy of the unknown.


This is a gathering of Lovers. In this gathering there is no high, no low, no smart, no ignorant ,no special assembly, no grand discourse, no proper schooling required...


Love said to me, there is nothing that is not me. Be silent.


Even if you lose yourself in wrath for a hundred thousand years, at the end you will discover, it is me, who is the culmination of your dreams.


Didn't I tell you?

They will accuse you of all the wrongdoings, they will call you ugly names, they will make you forget it is me, who is the source of your happiness.


The branch might seem like the fruit's origin: In fact, the branch exist because of the fruit.

Rumi

Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi or مولانا جلال الدين محمد بلخى Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi (30 September 120717 December 1273) was a Persian philosopher, theologian, poet, teacher, and founder of the Mevlevi (or Mawlawi) order of Sufism; also known as Mevlana (Our Guide), Jalaluddin Rumi, or simply Rumi.

Read more at en.wikiquote.org
 

No comments:

Post a Comment