Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mike Oldfield - To Be Free (& Tubular Bells III), New First Beginning Poetry, & Hahn-Mu

This video / song really got to me, for some reason today, and in combination with my desire to change myself and others, against perhaps wisdom and truth, I thought it might help someone else see things slightly differently, better, or perhaps even in a much more peaceful, happy, far-looking perspective / vision / perception. In any case, I am very glad indeed that I found this song (thanks to Last.fm radio!). I hope everyone in the world has a peaceful, loving, and free weekend, year ahead, and beyond!



"You find yourself alone, sometimes Without a home, no protection You don't know which way to go You're lost, no direction Suddenly, out of the blue Some kind of magic comes to you You don't know how, you don't know why But someday, gonna take off, fly (wish, make a wish) My wish would be...To be free To be wild And to... be Just like a child And if I get lost I really don't mind Cos I'm me Doing just fine You're out in the cold, sometimes As far as you can see, misty And you want to run, into the sun The road is lost, sandshifty (then) Suddenly, out of the blue Some kind of magic pushes you through You don't know when, how or why But someday, gonna take off and fly And if I had a wish, my wish would be...To be free To be wild And to be Just like a child And if I get lost I really don't mind Cos I'm me Doing just fine To be free To be wild And to be Just like a child And if I get lost I really don't mind Cos I'm me Doing just fine To be free To be wild And to be Just like a child And if I get lost I really don't mind Cos I'm me Doing just fine Just like a child"via AskLyrics

*****
The Fool, Beginning, Adventure, Hero, Self Becoming
Dream Of Star Raven Fantasy Empress Lover
Begin Always Again And Again And Again

Tears fall like rain, sweet
Breaking the bonds that separate
Imagine peace and an end to violence
Peace in your minds, on earth, in your houses
Love and giving always to your secret inner Self
Swimming in the seas of dreams and oceans of future
Saved from drowning when you most need help
Men and women on a boat that sail across worlds
A great ship that can go where men alone cannot

We catch a leviathan of the deep
It is almost too horrible to look at
To see it is to despair
And yet my friends are still in the sea
And who knows how many more monsters are there
Primordial, ancient, terrible to behold
And the one we caught was already dead
I remember the hill where we played
The bus where I broke the rubber bands
A wilderness, a forest, a river, a path, journeys
You and the others, my friends and family
I danced and floated away, you sang my name
Onward toward the sea, my destiny
I leave you, and you are still in the cold water
It is almost as if you were never here at all
Yet I still feel the phantoms of your presence

Some more people I know remained behind below
In the dark waters among the ancient ones
I felt bad for leaving you most of all, my love
But when I saw the rope I grabbed on
The strange elder ones in human form pulled me to safety
To help raise the other monsters and people from the sea
We are all related to one another, by ancestry and origin
United by the memory of ocean and the promise of sky
Happy to be alive and desirous of one another's company

Endeavor always to change ourselves and others
A difficult task requiring much effort, grace, art
Working as a fisherman in the cosmic ocean
Writing and knowing the true and beautiful
As well as I can, remember my dreams
Try to create some kind of meaning
Always growing, changing, learning, becoming

In the midst of being, time, evolution
Revolution of the mind, psyche, society
How can I hope to change the world?
Why would I dare to question nature?
Who am I and where am I going?
What can I do to help humanity renew?
When will be the time when I can change?
How can I dream while still awake?
Are the paths and journeys only my creative imagination?
Each and every day that passes
I change and yet always remain
In love, with life, living, and dreaming
Visions of the future that may be
Where, when, and how we can be
Together, free, peaceful, disarmed, loving
I remember we are part and parcel
We belong to the earth, sky, and water
Mother and father, rich and poor, everyone
In every case and in every situation
In every problem and possibility
In every way and path I travel, I think of you
Creative rebel goddess, dear lovely star raven

Everlasting Starflower: Diamond Soul Fractal Mandala Spirit

*****

☮"Peace is every step." - Thich Nhat Hahn

"The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls." - John Muir

"Luck is being ready." - Brian Eno

I'm really glad that I discovered Mike Oldfield. This next video seems like a good end to this post. Good night / day, and good luck! Peace! :) <3




Let's Keep Working

No comments:

Post a Comment