Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Klaus Schulze Live WDR Kรถln 1977



"I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold service was joy.
The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass, and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers. It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow. I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying, and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded. Only now and again a sadness fell upon me, and I started up from my dream and felt a sweet trace of a strange fragrance in the south wind. That vague sweetness made my heart ache with longing and it seemed to me that it was the eager breath of the summer seeking for its completion. I knew not then that it was so near, that it was mine, and that this perfect sweetness had blossomed in the depth of my own heart.
You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water."
- Rabindranath Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment